Friday, April 16, 2010

book club memories

Lindsey and I are sitting on my couch reminiscing about past book clubs. We have read a LOT of books! Nikki, do you remember when you thought we'd only last 3 months? Do you realize that we're going on FOUR years now?! We're amazing!

One of our favorite book club moments was when Emily spilled the beans about her NOW moments...even the more risque ones. Even better was when Emily came back a few months later and told us how she was in the process of achieving one of her moments. Way to go, Emily!

Lindsey says her top 3 books are Poisonwood Bible, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Her worst book: These is My Words.

Although it's nearly impossible for me to choose, my top 3 are The Good Earth, Poisonwood Bible, and The Dairy of Anne Frank (which I had read way back in junior high, but didn't really care for until this time around...can you say that about Anne Frank's book?). My worst book: These is My Words. I hated hated HATED it.

What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I'm glad I made one of your favorite moments! My fav's have been The Good Earth, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and The Color Code. The last one is just because I thought it was a great discussion book, and I still think about it a lot while "diagnosing" others personalities. My least favorite was The Art of Racing in the Rain.

    P.S. I LOVE book club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pardon my ignorance, what is a NOW moment?

    ReplyDelete